Here is some of the latest vending machine technology. From cashless payments to other cool stuff. It seems as if soon even more vending machine technology is going to come out. From technology that is added to vending machines to make the transaction process better. To vending machines that sell a whole world of different stuff, possibly making person to person contact less and less, as oppose to a retail store.
- Green Machine
As environmental concerns increase, the vending industry has adapted well. Most vending machines these days feature energy-saving technology. The newer vending machines these days will turn off the lights of the vending machine when the machine is not in use. Also they will turn off the compressors inside the vending machine to save energy and monitor the temperature of products to make sure they stay at the required temperature, while saving energy.
Also Coca- Cola revealed a vending machine they have in Japan that uses airtight doors and vacuum insulated materials to ensure beverages stay cold during the day-time without the need for refrigeration, which consumes more energy, reducing energy bills.
2. Cashless Payments
Nowadays vending machines are accepting credit cards, debit cards, apple pay, google pay, Samsung pay etc.. It is said that you will sell 40% more in a vending machine if it accepts credit cards. Many people do not have cash on them all the time. Being able to pay with a credit card or your phone makes it so much more convenient. Also these credit card machines are able to take inventory of everything that’s in the vending machine. So the vending machine servicer knows exactly what’s in stock all the time and what needs to be replaced.
3. Smartphone Interaction with artificial intelligence
Coca-Cola recently announced that they will debut a new app that will let you order drinks from a vending machine ahead of time. It will gather information via Artificial about customer tastes and preferences. Crazy, so if you have a limited amount of time you could have a soda waiting for you and don’t have to wait for the soda to be vended.
4. Facial Recognition
The Luce x2 vending machine includes a motion sensor that knows when users are approaching and a camera that can recognize the consumer. The machine then offers a personalized menu based on the purchase history of the customer and prevents them from purchasing restricted products (such as underage consumer trying to buy cigarettes).
5. Self Inventory
Sensors that are built into intelligent vending machines collect a vast amount of data, including the vending machine inventory. These machines are capable of making smart inventory decisions for themselves. For instance, they will know to stop ordering ice cream if the temperature drops, thus protecting the product inventory and reducing waste as well.
So that is the latest vending machine technology as far as features added to vending machines. But there is a-lot of vending machines that sell a bunch of crazy stuff out there, things you probably couldn’t imagine. Stay tuned for one of our next articles on the different types of vending machines out there. It’s crazy what is out there.
Well since we are locals we have a couple of suggestions on Things to do in Miami Florida. If you want more inside information and more local spots just ask us and we’ll be more than happy to share. But for this article we’ll keep it to the most popular spots and spots for first time visitors. The following is in no particular order of rank, its just a list and all based on your preferences.
- Check out Shark Valley. Well you might think were talking sharks here but were actually talking alligators and crocodiles. Shark Valley is approximately 25 miles west of Krome avenue (approx 177 ave) and SW 8 street. It is a road that is approximately 7 and a half miles deep into the everglades. You can rent a bike for approximately $20 dollars, take a 2 hour tram or you can walk it. Although walking the entire thing would probably be a bit much for one day, so we suggest riding it. On this ride you’ll see alligators, crocodiles and some other everglades wild life up close and personal. At the end there is a very tall tower you can climb up to see a panaromic view of the everglades.
2. Everglades Boat Tours. You can pretty much go anywhere down 8 street west of Krome avenue (which is about 177 ave) and find everglades boat tours all up and down that area. The boat tours take you on an airboat ride all over the everglades where you see all types of everglades wild life, mostly gators, crocodiles, snakes, deer etc. And they are easy on your pocket not to expensive. Some of them also offer live gator shows when you get back from the airboat ride.
3. Check out Little Havana. I know were throwing you all over the place here but just letting you know of the places that are a must you check out. Little Havana named after a city in Cuba called Havana. This is what makes Miami, Miami. This is what makes it so diverse. Starting from about 27 Avenue and SW 8 street down east till you reach the I-95 expressway is what encompasses Little Havana. You’ll find people playing dominoes at the park pretty much anytime of the day ( encompassing what the Cuban culture is all about). You’ll find bars, all types of places to eat and a bunch of small Latin supermarkets.
Be sure to check out Azucar which is a small Cuban ice cream shop, be sure to try the Ava Maria it is a delicious Ice Cream derived from a very common Cuban snack. Also be sure to check out ball and chain where you’ll find all the Salsa and Merengue to dance too, also a great variety of amazing Cuban drinks.
4.Beaches. Want to check out what most people come to Miami for. Yes check out Miami Beach it has all the bars on ocean drive you need and the beach right across the street which is great to grab a drink and go back and forth from the beach to the bar. But also check out Hollywood Beach about 35 minutes north of Miami Beach but you’ll have a bit of a nicer beach with a good amount of bars but less people and more relaxing.
Also check out Key Biscayne Bill Bagg’s Park. You won’t have any bars but you’ll find a beach with a more relaxing environment. There is less people and this beach at Bill Bagg’s is more family oriented. Definitely want to go here if you’re traveling with Kids or family.
5. Hard Rock Casino. Check out the Hard Rock Casino approximately 45 min. North of Miami. This is a very nice casino. It has clubs, restaurants, very nice pools and they have an Improv. They host really good comedy shows at this Improv, definitely recommend watching a show. Also, every once in a while they have some nice pool parties and the night life is pretty good.
6. John Pennekamp. Approximately 1 hour South of Miami. John Pennekamp is in Key Largo which is the northernmost Key approximately a 1 hour drive from Miami. Here you can snorkel a spectacular reef, with all types of crazy marine life. Unfortunately you can’t spear or fish here but you can snorkel and see a crazy amount of sea animals.
7. Check out Zoological Wildlife Foundation. This place is down in Homestead. Approximately 40 min from downtown Miami. This place is kind of like a small Zoo. Nowhere near as big as the Miami Zoo, and nowhere near as many animals. But they still have cool animals and the coolest thing which is what makes it way better than the zoo for us is this place lets you have one on one encounters with some of there animals. Anywhere from small tigers, to monkeys, leopards etc. And they also have a Liger. It is a very cool place, it is kind of like having a small zoo to yourself. The one on one encounters are a little pricey but definitely worth it. It is like being in a zoo but with less people and a more relaxing environment.
8. Check Oleta River State Park. This is a cool park in North Miami. It has mountain biking trails which they rent bikes for. They have all types of levels of mountain bike trails. The park is on the water, which they have kayak rentals. You can kayak the bay and do pretty much whatever you want. The park has a beach which you could go swimming in. It also has cabins and areas for camping, this is a pretty cool park, has a-lot of cool things to do.
9. Check out Lincoln Road. Down in Miami Beach, Lincoln Road spans about 10 blocks. Lincoln Road is about 10 blocks of shops and brand name stores boutiques. The ten blocks only allows pedestrian traffic. So you could up and down checking out the shops and very nice unique stores they have. They also have very good and nice restaurants up and down the strip. This is a great place to check out if you want to do some shopping and want to find some stores that are not very common.
10. Check out the Frost Museum. Located in Downtown Miami. The Frost Museum has interactive opportunities, it has a 500,000 gallon Gulf Stream aquarium that houses all sorts of sea creatures and a planetarium dome that hosts biweekly laser shows. This place is pretty new and a cool place to check out.
11. Check out Knaus Berry Farms. If you want some of the best cinnamon rolls ever check this place out. Located in Homestead, also approximately 35 minutes from downtown Miami. This place has one of the best cinnamon rolls and shakes you’ve ever tried. The lines are extremely long but worth the wait. They are open seasonly, but when they are open they are always packed because the rolls are insane. Check them out they are well worth the wait.
12. Want to have a drink at a cool spot check out Sugar at the East Hotel in Brickell Miami. This place is located on the rooftop of the hotel and it is open to anyone. You do not need to be staying at the hotel to enjoy drinks at Sugar in the East Hotel. This is place is very nice, it has amazing views and great drinks. Fancy drinks and beautiful drinks what more can you ask for.
13. Check out and Explore Deering Estates. Located in Palmetto Bay. This place is really nice with amazing views and has guided nature walks and birding opportunities. This place is really nice.
14. Check out the Venetian Pool. Located in Coral Gables about 10 min from downtown Miami. This place is pretty cool. It is a really big pool filled with fresh water from artesian wells. The pool is not chemically treated, just use fresh water which I believe is changed out daily. This place is a cool relaxing spot away from all the other busy tourist spots.
15. Check out the Fountainebleau Hotel In Miami Beach you don’t need to be staying at the hotel to enjoy its amenities. You can pay for the day to enjoy their amenities. They have very nice pools, and restaurants. They are always hosting some type of event. There is always something going on. This is where the world famous club Liv is located. Whether it club Liv or pool parties there is always something going on.
16. Check out Wynwood. This a small neighborhood just north of downtown Miami. Mostly known for its graffitied walls, this place has cool bars, art galleries and very good restaurants. If your into art definitely must check this area out. Every two weeks or so they host an art festival where you’ll see all types of art vendors take to the streets and all the art galleries in the area open up and you get to walk through all the art galleries. Drinks are sold everywhere this a good place to just hang out and chill.
17. Check out Key West. Approximately 3 hours from Miami. Take a drive down to Key West. In Key West you can take a snorkeling trip, you can take rent a charter boat and go fishing, pretty much some of the best fishing Florida has to offer. Key West also has a strip on Duval Street where you can bar hop. They have a bunch of bars up and down Duval street. You can also rent boats if you want to go fishing yourself. You can rent jet-skis as well.
They also have what’s been voted one of the best views of the sunset in the entire U.S.. Supposedly from Mallory Square which is located in Key West. Mallory Square is a little area in the middle of Key West where you can see the sunset, its kind of like a little concrete park where you could sit on any of the benches at the park and watch the sunset.
Supposedly the reason why its been voted the best place to watch the sunset in the U.S., is because of how the park is positioned. It is the closest to the sunset compared to any other place in the U.S.. Also the view of the sunset is completely unobstructed. It faces the water and has nothing in the way. Watching the sunset here is incredible. Definitely check out Mallory Square and Key West.
So those are some of the Things to do in Miami Florida. If you want more in depth info or more local spots just shoot us an email. These spots mentioned are the more popular ones but there is definitely a bunch of cool local spots as well.
Share this Image On Your Site
Here’s our list of our most popular healthy vending machine snacks.
- La Croix’s
- Fit aid
- G2 gatorade
- 100 Calorie Pretzels
- Pure Protein Shake (comes in a can)
- Lean Body Protein shake
- Bang energy Drink
- Pure protein, protein bar
As a healthy vending machine company we stock our vending machines with healthy snacks. We can provide a mix of healthy and regular vending machine snacks but most of our machines are completely stocked with healthy snacks. Listed above are our most popular healthy snacks/drinks. Listed in order of most bought/popular.
Coming in at number 1 as the most popular healthy vending machine snacks are the La Croix Sparkling waters they sell like crazy. We have to fill our machines with 3 to 4 slots of these in order to keep up with demand. All flavors sell too. It Pretty much does not matter the flavor, they go quickly. Although we believe the Pasteque and Lime are most popular. They all sell like hot cakes.
Coming in at number 2 are the Celsius energy drinks. We feel like this company is killing it. They have to be if not the most popular energy drink right now one of the top 3. People love this energy drink. You can put any energy drink you want next to this energy drink and this drink will out sell it. We have all kinds of energy drinks and we place all different kinds in our machines and Celsius will crush any of them in sales.
A weird observation is they sell like crazy particularly in the morning. To be honest all of there flavors taste amazing as well. Don’t think there is one flavor much better than the rest. You can pretty much go with any flavor and you’ll be good. Except maybe for the grape we haven’t tried that one yet, but it is probably really good as well. But the orange, peach vibes, watermelon, peach/apple one all taste amazing just depends what flavor your in the mood for that day.
Coming in at number 3 is the Fit Aid. This is a recovery drink. These sell a-lot as well. They sell most at our gyms but even in our office buildings they still sell a good amount. It is full with vitamins for post-recovery from your workout. Pretty much has everything to help you recover and help keep you going after a tough workout. Just have to be careful between the low calorie one and the no-calorie one. The no- calorie version has a significant drop off in taste and not liked by many people. Most people prefer the low-calorie instead by a landslide.
Coming in at Number 4 is obviously water. Water is very popular as well. Regular water is what sells the most not the alkaline water. The alkaline water sells but nowhere near as much.
Coming in at number 5 is the G2 Gatorade. People love the G2 Gatorade as well. The regular Gatorade doesn’t sell as much but the G2 does as it has half the calories of the regular Gatorade.
Coming in at number 6 is the 100 calorie pretzel packs. This the most sold chip/snack by far. They taste great and only have a 100 calories. I am guessing this is why it is so popular. The only thing is you have to be careful cause one pack could turn into 3 packs very quickly.
At number 7 is the Pure protein, protein shake. It comes in a can they have the frothy chocolate, vanilla and some other flavors. They are pretty good as well. What we like about them is that they are high in protein and don’t have many calories. They have about 1 gram of fat more or less, and 1 gram of sugar. So, its all pretty much all calories from the protein.
At number 8 is the Lean Body Protein Shake, these sell a good amount as well. They taste good as well, actually very good. The only thing is they have about 9 grams of fat so it’s not as lean as the pure protein shake but based on taste it is very good. I guess people rather go with the leaner option though (Pure protein drink).
At number 9 is Bang energy these sell a good amount as well. We noticed they sell more often in the afternoon though. Weird observation but true. I guess many people use it as a pre-workout that’s why it sells more in the afternoon. Where as oppose to the Celsius, it sells all day. I guess people drink Celsius as a pick me up in the morning and a pre-workout in the afternoon.
At 10 is the Pure Protein, Protein bar. This is a great bar, its one of the highest in protein out on the market and has very few fats and sugars compared to other protein bars. It has 32 grams of protein which is a good amount and is pretty lean. Obviously your never get as lean as a protein drink but for bars this really good. Also it taste very good as well.
That’s it that’s our list of our most popular vending machine snacks. If you want to find out more about our healthy vending machines check out our vending machines for more information.
In support of this infographic/article most of our experience’s support this infographic/article. Two of us in our company have always stuck to eating healthy for a very long time. I am sure most people do but two of us have done for a very long time due to always working out and trying to stay lean. Steering away from simple sugars/carbs most of the time. The two of us have stuck to complex carbs like brown rice, wheat bread for a long time, and we both have developed Psoriasis. Obviously we can’t convincingly say it was due to wheat products but it could definitely be a reason.
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease where your body develops rashes on your skin and they can get pretty bad. Doctors say the condition is a reaction to an autoimmune response, that causes your body to overproduce skin cells. This overproduction of skin cells is what causes the red, patchy white skin. It is believed that Psoriasis is caused by leaky gut syndrome, which leaky gut syndrome like stated in the article/infographic is caused by permeability of the gastrointestinal wall. Meaning, your gastrointestinal wall leaks some (small amount) of your stomach content into the rest of your body instead of processing a 100% of it to your colon and getting rid of it all.
Some of the contents permeate through to your body. This what many doctors believe causes the autoimmune response called Psoriasis. So, in relation to this article/infographic it could be that the herbicides in the wheat products have disrupted or gotten rid of the good bacteria in our gut. This is definitely a possible cause you never know. It’s just weird that we both consume a lot of wheat products and both have psoriasis. Just food for thought this infographic/article definitely makes sense especially to us.
Share this Image On Your Site
Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting
- It changes the function of cells, genes and hormones. Insulin levels drop significantly which facilitates fat burning. Intermittent fasting may increase HGH levels 5-fold. It is also known to cause beneficial changes in gene expression.
- Intermittent fasting can help you lose weight and belly fat .
- In can reduce insulin resistance lowering your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- It can reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in the body.
- It may be beneficial for Heart Health
- Induces various cellular repair processes
- May help prevent cancer
- Intermittent fasting is good for your brain. It increases levels of a brain hormone called brain-derived neurotrophic factor. Also studies in rats have shown that intermittent fasting may increase the growth of new nerve cells.
- Intermittent fasting may help prevent Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Intermittent fasting may extend your lifespan, helping you live longer. In studies of rats that fasted every other day lived 83% longer than rats that did not fast.
- Can Improve conditions such as Asthma, Arthritis, and Multiple Sclerosis.
Our experience with Intermittent Fasting
Several of us in the office have done intermittent fasting. We’ve mostly all done the most common one which is 8 hours of non-fasting (where your able to eat) and 16 hours of fasting. We’ve all done it pretty much at-least for a month and some for even longer, as long as 6 months or more. The general consensus is that you burn -fat very fast while doing the intermittent fasting plan. I mean without doing cardio you still burn a good amount fat you could tell very quickly, especially if your not eating junk food during your non-fasted hours. Although even eating junk-food we’ve all noticed a drop in weight.
The ideal way to approach fasting would obviously be though to eat clean while doing intermittent fasting. We also all felt more energy and definitely less bloating, as oppose to eating a regular diet where you see or feel a little bloating as your body is processing food most of the time.
We all know that in the morning right after you wake up is when you see your stomach the flattest usually, well with intermittent fasting the flatness of your stomach is like times two. Its like extremely flat, its incredible. Don’t know if its mental but you could see that your body is not inflamatted and that your actually giving it a break, its incredible. And the levels of energy are incredible. This is a great diet/meal plan to follow, for us, it is the easiest diet/plan to follow to lose weight since it doesn’t really restrict what you eat It just restricts when to eat which after a few days of doing it at the 7th , 8th hour your not even hungry anymore. Your body gets completely used to it, and for sometime there you forget food exists.
The only drawback we noticed with this diet/ plan is that not only do you burn fat but you also burn muscle. Since your not giving your body protein all the time to maintain muscle you lose some muscle. You could just tell after a few months of intermittent fasting your muscle mass starts going down, instead of just looking skinnier in the midsection you look skinnier all around. It is definitely not meant for people who want to maintain muscle mass or like to look like they have some muscle packed on or bodybuilders etc..
Although a-lot of people say no intermittent-fasting increases your Growth Hormone levels, so the growth hormone levels protect your muscles that is not true. I mean it may protect a bit, but not the same as compared to a regular diet. Take it first hand from us you could definitely tell the loss of muscle from intermittent fasting within the first month or couple of months.
Can you get that muscle back? yea definitely, just by getting back on a regular eating routine you can within a few months but you definitely lose muscle mass. I guess the only people that wouldn’t lose muscle mass while intermittent fasting are people who are taking steroids while intermittent fasting, as steroids will maintain your muscle mass pretty much no matter what you do.
So, in conclusion intermittent fasting is great and a diet we personally love doing as you feel amazing energy levels. You burn fat super fast and it kind of gives your body a break. A few of us have been thinking of doing a 72 hour fast which, many people and studies say that it is amazing for your body and kind of gives your body that reset it needs from always working, digesting food. The 72 hour fast they say is awesome and completely repairs your body. Well were going to do it eventually down the road, I’m sure it will be treacherous but just by doing intermittent fasting and seeing those benefits we can’t imagine the benefits we will feel after doing a 72 hour fast. Stay tuned.
Share this Image On Your Site
When it comes to a lot of products in the market now a days everything has to do with marketing. If you have the money to market something or the connections to push a product you will do good. I mean the product has to be decent and that’s it. It doesn’t need to be anything out of this world. For example, we dove into the protein cookie market and found out that we were right on with our analysis. For example, ask yourself which protein cookie to you is the most popular? Which one is the one you see the most? Unless you work at a nutrition shop, probably the one you see the most, is the Lenny and Larry’s Cookie. Well we asked a few of our friends and they all said Lenny and Larry’s. I think most would agree.
So, we took a look further into this protein cookie (Lenny and Larry’s) to find out what all the rave was about. We tried it (Lenny and Larry’s) and it was good, we pretty much tried all flavors, and they are good. But after looking at the nutrition facts, we noticed the calories are a little on the high side. Well I mean for it being a cookie it is not too bad. Most cookies are high in sugar, fats and calories.
But, if its supposedly a healthy cookie or a healthier cookie it should do a little better. I mean, it seems like they pretty much sacrificed some of the taste of a regular cookie to add some protein; to make the cookie high in protein. But they didn’t really do to much on the calories end; to fix the calories.
So, we went out and tried the Quest Cookie not really knowing much about it. Since there is really not much marketing behind it compared to Lenny and Larry’s, but that was the next cookie that was readily available. It is nowhere near as available or as popular as Lenny and Larry’s, but we saw it at a couple places. We tried all the flavors of the Quest cookie and let me tell you based on taste it is right there with Lenny and Larry’s.
To us the Quest Protein Cookie tastes better and to the ten people or so we gave to try it, they say it tastes better than the Lenny and Larry’s Protein Cookie. But since it is a close comparison and a lot of times taste is influenced by popularity, we will leave that up for you guys to try and debate.
Comparing Nutrition Facts
Lenny and Larry’s Cookie
As you could see the Lenny and Larry cookies nutrition facts are based on half a cookie, so you have to double those numbers. Also, as you could see the Quest Protein Cookie has less than 1 gram of sugar where as Lenny and Larry’s has 24 grams of sugar. The Quest Cookie has 15 grams of protein and Lenny and Larry’s has 16 grams of protein. Yeah, Lenny and Larry’s has the advantage by one gram of protein but look at the calories for that one more gram of protein. That’s a big sacrifice. Those are the two most important facts on this label, the Protein content and the calories.
Yes, the carbs too are a bit important but at the end of the day its all about the total calories and doesn’t matter where they are coming from, calories are calories. They turn into fat if there is to much of them either way. So, as you could see there is a difference of 150 calories between the two cookies that is huge and they have about the same amount of protein which is there main goal, to provide you protein. So, with the Quest Protein cookie you’re getting the same taste maybe a bit better taste plus way less calories, and about the same amount of protein, you can’t beat that.
Other Protein Cookies
For the sake of this post we concentrated heavily on these two cookies since they are the most popular in grocery stores, and gyms etc. But there is a lot more protein cookies out in the market, not many in grocery stores. But if you go to a nutrition shop, I’m sure you’ll see a bunch of different varieties. For example, the Munk Pack Protein cookie and the Performix Protein cookies seem promising. The Munk pack is a vegan cookie with a good amount of protein and the Performix has a good amount of protein also with about 330 calories total not bad at all. We haven’t tasted either one of those but just something to consider. Look into thse if you come across them.
Just because a product is very popular does not mean it is the best product, for that niche or that category of product. Marketing is everything. Yeah, we know that Lenny and Larry’s has come out with some variations of their cookies like the plant-based one, but there most popular one is the regular cookie compared here. I don’t think many people know that they came out with a plant -based cookie.
So, yeah marketing budget, resources etc. has a lot to do with how popular a product becomes, a lot of the times it does not necessarily mean it is the best product in the market. The Quest Protein Cookie is the best cookie out of these two for us and we will choose it every-time over Lenny and Larry’s. Don’t put on Blinkers (blinders) like horses do, do your own research. Take the time to look at the nutrition facts and don’t be afraid to make the unpopular decision. Do your own analysis.
Thank you for reading, check out the info-graphic below. We carry both of these protein cookies in our vending machines and we’ll carry any protein cookies you request. Give us a call if you would like one of our vending machines at your location.
Hunger pangs can strike unannounced. When you’re in the office or just running errands, the wailing sounds from your stomach can signify that you need a snack to chow down there and then. Often, even the most health conscious people succumb to unhealthy food options that make you gain a few pounds within a few minutes!
Instead of relying on candy bars to satiate that appetite, you can look towards guilt-free snacks that are both delicious and healthy. While it’s hard to procure healthier options, the vending machines newest technologies now make this possible. Whether you’re traversing the streets, working in the office or hitting the gym, you can find healthy vending machines that dish out wholesome and organic food at your fingertips.
Here is a list of the top 15 snacks that will actually make you full while keeping you fit.
1. Banana Bites
If you don’t get your daily dose of fruit, there is no better snack than these delicious banana bites. These organic chewy bites are just what you need to get a boost of energy. Packaged banana bites are available in multiple flavors including coconut and chocolate.
2. Rice Crisps
This gluten-free snack will satiate your need to crunch on something delicious and filling in between work at office. Rice cakes are available in both sweet and savory flavors so you can go both ways without feeling guilty about eating unhealthy.
3. Dark-Chocolate Peanut Butter Pieces
Who doesn’t love to sink their teeth into the winning combination of dark chocolate and gooey peanut butter? Choose a gluten-free brand to give you a taste of these bite sized sweet treats that will satisfy the craving of any sweet tooth!
4. Gluten-free Pretzels
Pretzels are both filling and crunchy, the perfect snack for a health conscious person. After a hard day at the gym, the last thing you want to do is give in to temptation and eat something that will make you gain a few unnecessary pounds, rendering your workout useless. These crunchy pretzels will fill your stomach without making you unfit.
5. Fig Bars
The gluten-free fig bars are both healthy and tasty. You can use your nearest vending machine to dish a couple of these fig bars to snack on later. These fig bars are a healthier alternative to fatty foods that are just as readily available.
The great thing about popcorn is that it is filling but absolutely gluten-free. You can chow down on as much popcorn as you like without feeling guilty about breaking your diet. Popcorn is the ideal snack when you need to fill your stomach it is lunch or dinner time.
7. Avocado Chips
We can’t talk about the health benefits of avocado! If you can’t have it as it is, here is the perfect solution for you. Now you can get packaged avocado chips that are so delicious that you might even end up eating the whole bag. Do so without hesitation as it is absolutely healthy!
Straight from Amsterdam, these gluten and dairy free waffles are the ideal picks for your coffee break at work. Just pop one packet out of the vending machine at work and chow down, guilt-free! These sweet treats will satiate your need for dessert too.
9. Granola Bites
The packaged granola bites won’t create too much of a mess at your desk and put your hunger to rest. The delicious and crunchy bites are gluten-free so you can munch on these healthy nuggets while you walk to and from work.
10. Multi-Seed Crackers
Healthy and nutritious, multi-seed crackers pack a punch of flavor in a tiny packet. Keep a sufficient dose of multi-seed crackers in your pocket so you can snack on it whenever you feel like.
11. Protein Bars
You can find an amalgamation of health and taste in these tasty protein bars. You can find different flavors so choose one that sits well with your palate. With this tasty treat, get your daily dose of protein too!
Tread towards a health conscious lifestyle with the right changes. Say goodbye to unhealthy food, fill up your stomach with these gluten-free and organic options that are both tasty and nutritious. You can find some of these bites in our vending machines, we serve Miami, Fl. Eat right, and stay fit!
Health Benefits of Alkaline Water
With increasing stress on healthy eating, alkaline water is emerging as the latest trend. Alkaline water is believed to be better than anything you could get from the tap. Water in itself is imperative to the body but this burgeoning popularity of alkaline water shows that the type of water is equally important to our well-being.
What is Alkaline Water?
Water stands at a pH of 7, the balance between acidic and alkaline. Anything below 7 is considered acidic and anything above is considered alkaline. While the exact pH value of tap water differs according to the area, there is general consensus that tap water in the USA falls between a range of 4.3 and 5.3, decidedly acidic.
Due to this, many people blame plain water as a perpetrator of problems like osteoporosis and cancer as too much acid in the bloodstream and cells is considered unhealthy. Alkaline water, therefore, reduces the incidence of acid in the bloodstream, making it a more wholesome alternative.
Alkaline water is ionized, i.e. its pH value has been increased. This type of water stands at a pH value of 8 or 9 while water, in its purity, stands at 7. As a result, even if the water we consume does not lean towards the acidic end of the scale, a higher pH value is more conducive to the health of the human body.
Our body naturally secretes fluids that are acidic in nature. Alkaline water helps to balance this, even if you are not already consuming foods that are alkaline in nature. A healthy body requires the consumption of foods that are 30% acidic and 70% alkaline to maintain a neutral pH level.
Health Benefits of Alkaline Water
Alkaline water has remained a controversial topic but recently, its health benefits have started surfacing with greater stress on health and wellness.
1. It Helps Control Acid Reflux
Acid reflux is when the muscle at the lower end of the esophagus relaxes untimely, causing acid to back up in the esophagus. This stomach acid causes discomfort, regurgitation, difficulty swallowing, burning sensations, and chest pain. Recurring acid reflux can lead to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Studies show that alkaline water with a pH of 8.8 can act as an adjunct to the treatment of acid reflux. It helps to denature pepsin, the primary digestive enzyme by diffusing the acidity in the stomach and gastro-intestinal tract in order to maintain a neutral pH value.
2. It has Ultra Hydrating Properties
Alkaline water is proven to have more powerful hydrating properties in comparison to normal water. Therefore, it is deemed suitable for people who work out regularly and require a higher amount of water. Alkaline water has smaller molecules as compared to regular water, which makes its absorption in the cells faster. This helps in re-hydrating the body more quickly.
Aquaporins present in body cells help regulate the movement of water between cells. In the presence of acids, they appeared to be close, hampering the movement of water between cells. Since alkaline water has an opposite charge, the excess electrons could flow freely and faster.
This is one of the reasons alkaline water has earned the title as the go-to drink for professional athletes like NBA player LeBron James to receive proper hydration.
3. It Promotes Bone Health
Alkaline water contains more mineral density in comparison to normal water. It helps lower bone resorption as compared to acidic mineral water, which makes it the ideal choice to promote bone health and metabolism. It has a higher incident of minerals like magnesium and calcium, due to which it is able to lower the risk of osteoporosis.
4. It Helps Boost the Immune System
An acidic environment renders the body more susceptible to the production of cancerous cells, lowering the body’s immunity. Experts claim that drinking alkaline water regularly improves the circulatory system. The basic nature of alkaline water neutralizes the acidic content of the bloodstream. The various functions of alkaline water work in tandem to boost the body’s immune system to fight pathogens and infections.
The health benefits of alkaline water have made it the ideal choice for health conscious people. You could find alkaline water in any of our vending machines, we carry the brand Essentia which is great .